Back by popular demand is Doug Reichel from Fine Wines Saskatchewan to tell us about the latest must-try white and red wines, and crack a few jokes about his childhood in Turtleford, Saskatchewan. We will gather together to taste Doug’s choice wines along with some delicious appetizers and discuss pairing combinations. This is a great opportunity to get to know your neighbours in a social setting, learn a bit about wine and food pairings and have a few good laughs together. This event will take place on the evening of March 10th. The location is 725 9th Avenue North. Tickets at City Perks. Tickets $35 each.
Please join us at the annual rink day at Affinity campus on 7th Avenue. Festivities will run from 2 PM to 4 PM, Sunday February 12th.
Hot chocolate and cookies will be provided. A fire pit will be lit if we are allowed and used for hot dogs.
Spread the word to your neighbours when you see them. We will have lots of fun!
In response to the horrific shootings in Quebec City, there will be a rally at City Hall Square tomorrow Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. to show solidarity with Muslim communities in Quebec City, across Canada and here in Saskatoon.
Please be there if you can, and please spread the word.
The City Centre Food Cooperative is hosting a Town Hall on Tuesday, January 24th from 6:45 PM – 9:00 PM at the City Park Collegiate Library.
Please review the attached for further details.
With regret, the nordic ski club decided the conditions are potentially damaging to skis and very hard surfaces exist for falling. Conditions are very icy, with a forecasted ice pellet storm in the afternoon of January 21st.
We hope to see everyone at the upcoming rink day in February.
Winter Registration: January 10th, 7:00 – 9:00 at City Park Collegiate.
For late registration, please contact Leanne Gruending – leanne.gruending@
Cost should not be a barrier to participate in programs. The City Park Community Association is sensitive to the needs of families facing financial hardships and may partially — or fully — fund participation fees in various activities.
Happy Holidays everyone! Residents of City Park are invited to submit a photo of their most festive outdoor holiday decorations to our photo contest. The photos will be displayed on our Facebook page, and the image with the most likes will receive two tickets to the City Park Community Association Wine Night, which takes place on March 10 (valued at more than $60).
Email a maximum of two photos to email@example.com by 11:30 pm on Friday, Dec. 9. In the email please include:
- Your first name
- Your address (this will not be published)
- A description of the photo
- How long you’ve lived in City Park
Voting will run from 8 am on Dec. 13 to 5 pm on Dec. 27. Everyone with a Facebook account can vote.
- Only two photos per household can be submitted to the contest
- You must reside in the property you photograph
- The property photographed must be within City Park
- Photos submitted must have been taken in December 2016
Winter Leisure Guide Delivered to Homes on Wednesday, November 30, 2016, and Registration Begins Sunday, December 4, 2016
For immediate release: November 24, 2016
The Leisure Guide will be delivered to every home in Saskatoon on Wednesday, November 30, 2016, and available for pick up at any indoor Leisure Centre, Saskatoon Public Library location, or City Hall. The guide is available online beginning Monday, November 28 at www.saskatoon.ca/leisureguide.
The Leisure Guide is Saskatoon’s go-to source for fitness programs, recreational activities, and arts and culture opportunities for all ages and abilities. Stay active all winter long with the many exciting options!
Highlights of the Winter (January 1 to March 31, 2017) Leisure Guide include:
- information about programs at Saskatoon’s six civic Leisure Centres (Cosmo, Lakewood, and Lawson Civic Centres; Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre; Saskatoon Field House; and Shaw Centre) including:
- drop-in dryland and aquatic fitness classes, personal training, and registered recreation programs for people of all ages and abilities;
- Parent & Tot, public, family, and lane swimming, as well as registered Red Cross swimming lessons for babies to adults at Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre, Lakewood and Lawson Civic Centres, and Shaw Centre; and
- facility amenities like indoor walking tracks (stroller-friendly), hot tubs, waterslides, saunas, diving boards, the wave pool, the climbing wall, and the zoom slide at select locations;
- Parent & Tot and public skating, as well as ice rentals at theindoor rinks;
- free outdoor skating at the Clarence Downey Speed Skating Oval and at more than 40 outdoor community rinks across the city;
- cross-country skiing at eight groomed trails around Saskatoon;
- special events throughout the winter season, including Family Day Skate and winter programming at the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo; and
- exercise classes, learning, and volunteer opportunities offered by your neighbourhood community associations.
Registration begins Sunday, December 4, 2016, at 6:00 p.m. by calling 306-975-2800 or online atleisureonline.saskatoon.ca. Starting Monday, December 5, 2016, at 6:30 a.m., all Leisure Centres will be accepting walk-in registrations.
Registered programs are very popular and fill up fast! Many people will be registering Sunday evening, and the City sincerely thanks citizens for their patience. Additional online and telephone resources are in place for the registration process. With that in mind, there are still thousands of people registering at once, so here are some helpful tips to help you be prepared:
- You will require a Client ID Number and Family PIN to register online. To set one up, or if you forgot yours, phone any Leisure Centre prior to Sunday, December 4, 2016.
- Have a list of second and third program choices in case you do not get into your first choice.
- Join the waiting list! Every full program has an online waiting list, and new classes may be created if there is enough demand.
- Consider other nearby Leisure Centres if your nearest location isn’t available.
- Ensure your major web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome) is up-to-date.
Get the Guide! Keep the Guide!