Posts from the ‘Programs’ Category
Winter Registration: January 10th, 7:00 – 9:00 at City Park Collegiate.
For late registration, please contact Leanne Gruending – leanne.gruending@
Cost should not be a barrier to participate in programs. The City Park Community Association is sensitive to the needs of families facing financial hardships and may partially — or fully — fund participation fees in various activities.
Winter Leisure Guide Delivered to Homes on Wednesday, November 30, 2016, and Registration Begins Sunday, December 4, 2016
For immediate release: November 24, 2016
The Leisure Guide will be delivered to every home in Saskatoon on Wednesday, November 30, 2016, and available for pick up at any indoor Leisure Centre, Saskatoon Public Library location, or City Hall. The guide is available online beginning Monday, November 28 at www.saskatoon.ca/leisureguide.
The Leisure Guide is Saskatoon’s go-to source for fitness programs, recreational activities, and arts and culture opportunities for all ages and abilities. Stay active all winter long with the many exciting options!
Highlights of the Winter (January 1 to March 31, 2017) Leisure Guide include:
- information about programs at Saskatoon’s six civic Leisure Centres (Cosmo, Lakewood, and Lawson Civic Centres; Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre; Saskatoon Field House; and Shaw Centre) including:
- drop-in dryland and aquatic fitness classes, personal training, and registered recreation programs for people of all ages and abilities;
- Parent & Tot, public, family, and lane swimming, as well as registered Red Cross swimming lessons for babies to adults at Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre, Lakewood and Lawson Civic Centres, and Shaw Centre; and
- facility amenities like indoor walking tracks (stroller-friendly), hot tubs, waterslides, saunas, diving boards, the wave pool, the climbing wall, and the zoom slide at select locations;
- Parent & Tot and public skating, as well as ice rentals at theindoor rinks;
- free outdoor skating at the Clarence Downey Speed Skating Oval and at more than 40 outdoor community rinks across the city;
- cross-country skiing at eight groomed trails around Saskatoon;
- special events throughout the winter season, including Family Day Skate and winter programming at the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo; and
- exercise classes, learning, and volunteer opportunities offered by your neighbourhood community associations.
Registration begins Sunday, December 4, 2016, at 6:00 p.m. by calling 306-975-2800 or online atleisureonline.saskatoon.ca. Starting Monday, December 5, 2016, at 6:30 a.m., all Leisure Centres will be accepting walk-in registrations.
Registered programs are very popular and fill up fast! Many people will be registering Sunday evening, and the City sincerely thanks citizens for their patience. Additional online and telephone resources are in place for the registration process. With that in mind, there are still thousands of people registering at once, so here are some helpful tips to help you be prepared:
- You will require a Client ID Number and Family PIN to register online. To set one up, or if you forgot yours, phone any Leisure Centre prior to Sunday, December 4, 2016.
- Have a list of second and third program choices in case you do not get into your first choice.
- Join the waiting list! Every full program has an online waiting list, and new classes may be created if there is enough demand.
- Consider other nearby Leisure Centres if your nearest location isn’t available.
- Ensure your major web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome) is up-to-date.
Get the Guide! Keep the Guide!
Registration is Tuesday, September 6th, 2016 from 7-9 p.m. at City Park Collegiate, 820 9th Avenue North. No membership fee is required to participate in programs. A fee of $10 will apply to late registrations. Please consult the community association newsletter or visit http://www.cityparksask.com for further program de- tails.
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPTION EXISTS.
YAS will hold weekly basketball camps throughout this July and August at gyms in Saskatoon.
Everyone is invited to join, build their basketball skills, meet new friends and have lots and lots of fun at YAS summer camps.
YAS will have a camp for every level of athletic ability and playing experience in these age groups:
8 to 10
10 to 12
12 to 14
14 to 16
Each YAS camp will have a nominal registration fee with bursary assistance upon request courtesy of the Saskatchewan Community Initiatives Fund (CIF).
In addition, YAS will also offer a free camp for each age group.
Request an information package by email at email@example.com
or by calling (306) 242 – 4700
or by texting (306) 242 – 2425
Please review the latest program offerings for 2016. Registration night is January 5th, 2016 at City Park Collegiate.
Have you received your Leisure Guide?! If so, you probably noticed it doesn’t have the specific programming for CPCA this fall. No worries! We are still offering programming!!
With all the renovations happening at City Park Collegiate we had to wait to confirm spaces for our programming which was after the Leisure Guide deadline- Sorry!
Please check out the link for our planned fall programs.
More information will be coming to you in the CPCA Newsletter that will be coming out shortly.
Please notice the ones that say pending may or may not be offered this fall- we are still waiting to hear.
Online registration will be open August 31st – September 7th and the Registration Night will be held Tuesday, September 8th from 7-9pm at City Park Collegiate.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask (just send us a FB message).
Thank you for being patient with us as we work through these changes with our facility.