Here is a link to what is happening with Kinsmen park
Street sweeping is happening tomorrow in City Park. Please remove your cars from the road if you live on the avenues 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th and the Crescents King and Spadina.
1. City Park the neighborhood was established before WWI. It was named after City Park a large park which ran along 25th Street and Spadina Crescent. Sometime in the 1930s, City Park was renamed Kinsmen Park.
2. City Park was the site for the Saskatoon Exhibition until 1908. In 1909, it was moved to its current location in the Exhibition neighborhood. There are still remnants of the oval racetrack in Kinsmen Park.
3. If you live in City Park, you are most likely think school is cool. The majority of City Park residents have a university diploma or degree.
4. City Park Collegiate was built in 1929. It was an ordinary high school until 1986, when it was turned into an alternative high school.
5. The Ravine Bridge on Spadina Crescent was constructed in 1930. It formerly went across a system of ponds and lagoons that have since been filled in.
6. 1020 Spadina Crescent was declared an historic site in 2001. This is due to its unique architecture.
7. Spadina Crescent was named after Spadina Avenue in Toronto.